Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Well, I have made it through my first holiday without my dad, and to tell you the truth, I'm really proud of myself for not crying...yet. It does NOT feel the same; it doesn't feel how holidays should feel. Happy, cheerful, full of love. Now, I know the rest of my family gives me all of those things, but it wasn't complete, I didn't feel like I should. The whole time I couldn't help but to think that I'm setting one less place at the table...spending time with one less person that I so truly care for. It's not right. I can't even go into any kind of detail, because even I don't understand it..I really miss my dad. However, I am extremely thankful for the amount of time I got to spend with him this summer, I'd never give that up for the world. Giving up chasing my dream to spend time with him will always be the best decision I've ever made. I had...have such a wonderful, amazing father that I wouldn't trade for the world. I hope the fed you some amazing stuff up there daddy.


Secondly, my best friend is in the hospital (again) because her surgery didn't end how it should. So, I went to go see her on Thanksgiving, because, I am also extremely thankful for her to be a part of my life. She has been there with me through literally every hardship I have ever encountered, and believe me, I have been through a LOT of hardship and suffering to only be 19 years old. This time, it was my turn to be there for her. She's such a fighter though, I have no doubt that everything will end exactly the way they are supposed to...I mean, if you can survive open-heart surgery at a few weeks old, you can survive a surgery mishap..right?

I am so incredibly lucky to have/have had so many amazing people in my life. I could only hope that everyone could have such wonderful people as a part of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment